Saturday 8 October 2011

I like my mum - Prologue

They want to take us to the shops where we have to wait to be chosen like my sister and my best friend the black baby. Me and my sister aren’t going back so we tell them we need to get our teddies and go upstairs. I hold my sister so tight and she looks into my eyes. We kiss each other and climb the bunk beds where we used to wake at three O’clock on Christmas morning with more excitement than the world. I wrap my snake belt around my sister’s neck and loop my pyjama cord around mine. They’ll understand that we didn’t want to go back and let us stay a little longer. Me and my sister smile and hold hands.
 I liked my mum she let me stay up and watch Dixon of Dock Green and eat after eight mints.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff, warmly nostalgic, painfully truthful but most important of all - funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words - i hope you enjoy the rest of my story.

    ReplyDelete